2/09/2011

Who needs a Wii

When Matt was in Iraq and shortly after, he had an addiction. An addiction to buying junk online. We would be instant messaging and he'd take forever to answer and I'd ask him what he was looking at. He would tell me the most random stuff. (clothes for Ozzy, toy tractors, miniature motorcycles, ect.) I have another story for another day I can tell you about some of the crazy stuff he ordered.

This story is about an Nintendo Power Pad. Anybody remember those? Anybody?

Definitely not my picture

It's basically a two-sided mat that you can hook up to the Nintendo. I'm talking about the 1980s original Nintendo.


Matt bought one on eBay I think shortly after we were married. It only has two games for it. Matt had originally only purchased a track and field game for it. I played it a couple times. I suck at it.


Matt's power pad, well technically it's more mine because I've never once seen him use it, is in our spare bedroom. The spare bedroom also doubles as my working out room.

About 2 weeks ago, Matt was junk hunting on the Internet again and found the other game that goes with the power pad for like 4 bucks. It's a dance aerobics game. So he asked if I wanted him to buy it for me. I thought, "sure". Maybe it would help me get good enough to be able to go to a Zumba class without having people laugh and point at me.
There are a couple different things you can do with the game. The first involves passing certain levels. After about 4 tries, I passed level one. It was intense. Level 2 involved me doing some kind of crab maneuver and I failed miserably.

At one point, she had me jumping up and down and slapping the floor. Poor little Vinnie thought I'd lost my mind. Every time I'd hit the floor, he'd bark and run out of the room. He'd come back at the exact time I was hitting the floor again. Repeat about 7 times.

The second thing I tried was more like just follow along and if you mess up it doesn't really matter. At the end of that she told me, "You need to practice your dance aerobics."

She almost killed me. She's mean, too skinny, and quite frankly, I think she enjoys putting me down. Plus her leg warmers are ridiculous.

My legs burned for like 3 days after I did it. That was Friday. I'll let her ridicule me some more again soon. I should have let her last night but I wanted to catch up on some DVR while I worked out. Oh well. Someday, I'll show her what's up.

Question for you though, what should I name her? I mostly call her the names that I shouldn't say on here. She needs a real person's name. Remember she's straight up 80s.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael...she looks like a Michael lol

Sister Sara said...

I would call her Jane... only because I have a 80's Jane Fonda work out video that own and she is dressed just like the gal on your screen shot!

(PS I yell unpleasant things at Jane when I use to work out with her too....)

Macey said...

I would call her Jane too. Cuz of mean Jane Fonda.

Unknown said...

Goodness this is hilarious. I always loved the name Missy when I was little. I wanted to change my name to that {thank god my parents wouldn't let me ;) no offense to the missys out there} Or Tiffany. 80's music SUPERSTAR lol.

AiringMyLaundry said...

I LOVED my Power Pad. I might have to get one on eBay too because I rocked at the track game.

Michelle said...

I would call her Vicki because I know a Vicki at work who is terrible at her job and so I have to say, "What the hell is wrong with you, Vicki?" all the time. Just kidding she isn't terrible and I just say that to make her laugh. But you can use that line when the video girl makes you do something insane.

Los said...

Oh I remember this ... surpised it never took off ... remember the robot that came with the original NES?

Dawn said...

OMG! This post cracked me up.

I'm not sure what you should name her. Cathy, Jane, Paula, Hussy! LOL!

Impulsive Addict said...

I would just stick with Bitch. I bet it suits her well! ;)

Or Betty. That one works too.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha! That's hilarious, I don't remember those games at all but I wasn't that old when they came out. You could always name her Peggy Sue from the movie Cry Baby. It was an 80's classic .

Mamarazzi said...

this is hilarious!!

Jane Fonda...for shizzle!

Liz Mays said...

It has to be Jane. I'm with the other girls.