8/23/2010

Bring on Vacation

Over the weekend Matt went with his crazy parents to a tractor pull a couple of hours away. They took our camper and stayed there Friday and Saturday night. I made sure I had to work. Unfortunately, I had to work. I could have dealt with the tractor pull. It's the in-laws that are the problem. But, that's another story for another day.

I worked at the bar Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. Saturday night was pretty busy, which is good. After work, a friend of mine, "L", my cousin, and Matt's Army buddy, "M", that lives about 20 minutes away came over and drank on the deck with me. Matt and I are trying to set up L & M up. They seemed to hit it off. Who know's though.

I stayed up too late. See, I drink red bull and vodka. There is a very fine line to drinking it so that I can sleep. 1 to 3 and I'll be fine. 8 or more and I'll sleep like a baby but wake up feeling like shit. Anything between 3 and 8 is trouble though. I had4 or 5 Saturday night. I slept from around 3 to 7 and then woke up and saw that my cousin was still asleep in our porch swing. And then tossed and turned until 11 when I had to get up and get ready for work.

So, I was exhausted all day yesterday. Matt got home around noon and came up to the bar to see me. After work, we laid around on the couch until it was time for bed.

I work at the VFW. It's a pretty mellow place but sometimes there is a little drama. Mostly, I try to stay out of it. There are these two regulars that come in there, a guy and a girl. They aren't "together" but I think they know each other pretty well, if you know what I mean. Anyway, they aren't speaking. I like both of them. It was the lady's birthday Monday. I talked to her Saturday and she told me they weren't speaking because he was being a grouchass Monday night at the bar.

He came in yesterday and told me that he was upset because some other asshat came in that he was deployed with and started telling graphic war stories. He didn't want to hear it. Now, I can totally understand why he wouldn't want to talk about it and why he got upset. He asked me to talk to her and try to get her to talk to him. So I did. She said he was upset before the asshat ever showed up. I tried to explain to her that maybe the asshat showing up was "the straw that broke the camels back."

I'm glad this guy felt as if he could tell me what was wrong. The members that come into the bar know that I know what being a veteran is all about, no matter if they are 21 or 85.

This will probably be the last you hear from me until after my vacation. Be nice to my guest bloggers. ;) Hope you all have a great week!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun sweets!!

CeCe said...

Enjoy your vacation.

Pretty Zesty said...

Enjoy yourself!

Brittney said...

Haa! I love how you "had" to work this weekend! lol I wish I had the freedom to write stuff like that on my blog but my mil reads ALL my blogs and is friends with me on fb! Lol!! :(((( Either way, it was hilarious and I hope you have a blast on your vacay!! :)

Macey said...

Bartenders really are like psychologists aren't they?
Happy vacay!! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Have a great time on vacation!

shortmama said...

Oy the inlaws...I feel your pain!

Have a great time!