5/14/2009

Home sweet.... not yet

The house situation:

We found a house we love. Its in Altamont which will be far enough away that my parents won't be over every night but close enough for me to possibly make it to work on time everyday. The guy that owns the house bought it from a repo and totally remodeled it. New carpet. New hardwood floors. New lights. New french doors to the new huge deck. New driveway and sidewalks. Its the only house I looked at the felt like home when I walked in.

Anyway, the people that the house got repoed from must have had some kinda loan that had something to do with the title of the house. When the guy that owns it now bought it the title company said the title was clear and he has insurance on the title (?). The owner and the title company just have to get their "ducks in a row" so to speak, before we can close.

We were supposed to close on Friday but now it will take a few more days. I had looked in the having Matt come home for the closing but it would have cost about $500and I'm going out there next weekend. We have to have all the paperwork sent to him and then he has to have it notarized and send it back before we can actually close.

So now, I'm thinking we will be lucky if we close before I go out there next weekend.

I'm getting rather impatient so that is why I have started shopping for stuff for our house. Kohl's had a big sale this weekend and I got a really cool comforter/sheets/bed skirt/pillowcases/some more stuff set. I also got some rugs and stuff. My thinking is that if I buy this stuff a little at a time it won't hurt the ole bank account as bad.

Moral of the story: BUYING A HOUSE IS A PAIN IN THE TUSH. I know it will all be worth it though.

4 comments:

Rika said...

I love this: "which will be far enough away that my parents won't be over every night but close enough for me to possibly make it to work on time everyday." I think this is what most people look for in a house. :)

Christina said...

CONGRATULATIONS! This is wonderful news. Now when Matt comes home you guys will have your own house. :-) Can't believe you're giving up T-Town. ;-)

Mrs. Mootz said...

Haha! Yes it is! We're trying to refinance and that's a pain in the tush too.

Random Musings said...

HAY!! New house!! Yes a pain in the but I am sure. I can not WAIT to buy a house!!! I am so jealous!