My friend makes cakes and stuff on the side and she made this for me to take to my grandparents. It's a turkey made out of cupcakes. Funfetti cupcakes. My favorite. They were awesome.
Here is a group of misfits at grandma's. Bottom - my brother and his girlfriend. Top - the hubs, me, my reester, and her man friend.
Here's the boys enjoying one of the last nice days of the year, most likely. They pretty much act like this all the time outside.
Friday night I worked. It was a descent time.
Saturday I put up the tree and Matt hung up the lights outside. You can find picture of the outside lights and stuff here. They pretty much look the same this year as last.
I did add some new stuff to the tree this year. I got the silver ribbons on it on clearance last year after Christmas for like 2 bucks.
I ordered an ornament for each of the pups a month or so ago.
And Mr. Ozzy himself
And no, it wasn't easy to get any of them to sit in front of the tree so that I could take a picture.
Sunday we skipped the family thing we were supposed to go to, laid around, and did homework.
Oh and if you recently started following my blog, please leave a comment so I can check your blog out. For some reason, it won't let me go to your blog from my list of followers. Please and thank you.
Hope you all had a great weekend and ate a ton of goodies!
*** "Facebook Funnies" will probably be Thursday or Friday this week. I have some good ones. ***
Here's a list of what I'm thankful for today:
1. My husband. Life would be boring without him.
2. Our pups. Yeah, they are brats sometimes but I am thankful for each of them in their own way.
3. Our house. We have a place to live and it's cute.
4. Our jobs. Times is tough and I'm glad that we both have jobs and are able to pay our bills.
5. My family. They are supportive of Matt and I and are crazy enough to keep me entertained.
6. Education. I'm thankful that we can afford for me to go to school.
7. Our health. Pretty self explanatory.
8. Our savings. We both worked hard to save money. I'm glad we have this to fall back on if we need it.
9. My part-time gig. I like to stay busy and I'm glad I have something else to do once in awhile.
10. My friends. Both in real life and in the bloggy world. Thanks for all your support.
Hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Here's my color yesterday. This is a couple shades darker than my natural color. Please excuse the pony tail and lack of make-up. I woke up 10 minutes before I usually leave for work.
Here is today. I like it. I think I can pull it off for the winter. Matt thinks it is super sexy. And the pups just thought it smelled funny last night.
What do you think?
Today is pretty much like a Friday for me! Yay!
Sunday evening, I called the cops on the little neighbor kid again. We bought our house last June. We didn't move in until August. Between June and August a BB hole had appear in front picture window. We finally got the window replaced on Veteran's Day. $800.
The neighbor kid across the street and the another kid that lives behind us and down the alley a little bit run around together. Both of their parents are losers and have been in trouble with Johnny Law before. Well Sunday they were out shooting their BB guns together, after dark, with no parental supervision. So, I called Johnny Law. By the time he showed up, the kids were gone.
But I explained to him what had happened. And that last time I called the law they were there for about 30 seconds and did nothing. This cop was pretty cool and said to call if I saw them out shooting again. I told him not to worry about that, I would. I've never been one for snitching but when our shit gets broke, it's a different story. Not to mention, if one of them shot one of my dogs, I'd come unglued.
Tonight, I'm getting my hair colored black in honor of my holiday spirit this year. Then I have to take a test online.
After tomorrow, I'm off work for 4 days. I'm pretty stoked about that. Although, I do have 6 chapters of Accounting to teach myself before the end of the semester. The teacher moves at a turtle's pace and I need to know the stuff we aren't covering for my next accounting class. Oh and the bookstore won't let me keep my book past the end of the semester.
I don't want to sounds unappreciative of the fact that we get to be near our families. I know some of you don't have that option.
Matt and I both have large extended families. My mom has 2 sisters and 3 brothers. My dad has 7 brothers and 2 sisters. Matt's mom has 11 siblings and his dad has 10 I believe.
This year, for Thanksgiving alone, we have 5 places we are supposed to be at in three days. For Christmas last year we went to 8 different gatherings, including work parties.
When is the relaxing part supposed to take place?
The other day, I had an epiphany. Next year, I want to run away during Christmas. Go on vacation. Somewhere warm. We don't have kids. This could be done.
I texted Matt and told him my idea. He said I'd have to be real good until then. That includes, acting like I'm having a good time when we are going 15,876 places in the next 6 weeks. (I'm not the most social creature.)
Here's to dreaming.....
Feel free to grab the button.
Big thanks to Jess at Just a Geek Named Jess for making this button for me! I absolutely love it and I appreciate it! Please check out her blog too.
Here we go:
- finds that when he is covered in urine, it is seldom his own
The odd thing about this one is that the guy that posted it has no kids.
- I am amazed by the trash on facebook. Seriously folks this isnt MySpace.
I couldn't have said it better myself.
- deer camp. cold beer and dead deer
This is is from my husband. Please no dead deer, please no dead deer, please no dead deer.
- Kids in the back seat cause accidents, but accidents in the back seat cause kids
Yes, sometimes they do.
- has learned two things from his bewildering trial of ordeals over the past 3 days. One, that when it rains it pours. Two, that the only way to truly get what you want is through cruel and relentless deception.
Oddly enough, I don't totally disagree with the cruel and relentless deception part of this.
- I wish there was a new standard option on cars that allowed you to aim, point, text the car in front of you and tell them to get the F out of the way Grandpa!
I'd definitely buy a phone that did that.
- If a canoe tips over in your front yard and all four wheels fall off. How long would it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a pickle?
- I gotta a call from a charity asking me to donate my clothes to starving people. I said, "If my clothes fit those people then they are NOT starving!"
Hahaha... I feel you on that one.
- what the @#$%... [dog] has cotton thread coming out of her bum. She must have eaten it when I was sewing last week. Tried pulling it out but it was obviously uncomfortable so cut off as much as I could and going to wait for nature... About a metre length so far!
The funny part of this one is that I have had to do the same thing.
- Today, I'm thankful for prophylactics & artificial insemination.
Yes, I guess those are good things to be thankful for.
- Who can cut designs in a faded haircut? Obviously noone around here is up to date enough lol
Who the hell would want a "design" cut into their hair?
- went to walmart tonight & at the courtsey counter there was an older lady there saying they charged her to much on tax & walmart owed her .07 cents..what?
It's Wal-Mart. What do you expect?
Now it's your turn. Link up and come back to see what everyone else posts. The more people that link up, the funner this will be.
This year is the first year since before he was in the Army that Matt will be able to go deer hunting. I don't mind him being gone to go. Maybe I'll be able to get the house cleaned. Maybe I'll be able to throw some stuff away.
I just hope he doesn't kill one. We don't have enough room in the freezer for this deer meat he speaks of. We are going to buy a new fridge this spring for the house and move the house one to the garage. But, I wanted to wait until the spring to do this. Our savings account needs a break. I don't want to buy a small freezer either.
I do NOT eat deer meat. And I'm not knocking anyone that does. It's just not for me.
** Side story ** Once when I was just a wee little girl. Maybe 10 or so. My daddy made some meatloaf. He kept making comments about how good it was. We were all eating and someone found a hair in it. Then mom bit into a piece of a bullet. I believe some curse words escaped her mouth. Something along the lines of what the hell is this. He fessed up that it was deer burger. Since then, no deer meat for this girl.
So, if he kills a deer, guess who he thinks is going to be cooking deer burger and deer chops. Yeah, me. Uhhhh.... no.
So, I believe I'm going to pray that he forgets about the deer while he's hunting and sticks to the beer because in the long run an extra case of beer over the weekend will be cheaper and less smelly. Do you know how bad deer meat smells when it is being dehydrated into jerky. I do. It's horrible.
** Side note ** Did you know that he has to get a FOID (Firearms owners identification or something) card just to have a gun? Wouldn't you think a military ID would be sufficient? I don't know if this is an Illinois thing or a national thing. But I do know that Illinois gun laws are super strict.
- Friday after work, we went and had a few drinks to celebrate Matt passing his first class. It was a rough class and according to him the teacher was an idiot. Matt even said one time that he "wanted to kick him in the ****".
- Matt had drill this weekend. I worked Saturday night and Sunday morning. I got little to nothing done at the house. I made a pot of vegetable soup Sunday before I went to work, while being confused about the time the whole morning. I woke up at 8 ish. Next thing I know I looked at the clock on the stove and it said 9:45. I thought, damn I'm moving slow this morning. Turn my computer on and it's 8:45. Later on I was in the living room and the clock said 10:30. I thought, damn I need to start getting read for work. Get a text and it's 9:30. Sometimes, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box.
- I emailed CBS this morning. I'm upset because every Sunday the Amazing Race and Undercover Boss get pushed back because the damn fooseball games take too long. I've been threatening to do this for the last couple weeks. Matt told me I wouldn't do it. In the email, I told them it was almost 10:30 before I went to sleep last night and now I have a headache today. My suggestion was to move those shows to Tuesdays because I don't have any shows to watch that night. So if they move them, you'll know why.
- So now it's Monday, I have a headache, still confused about the time, the house is
So here we go:
1. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
I always sleep on the side farthest away from the door.
2. Do you have an alarm clock that you can dock your iPod in? If so, which one and do you like it?
No I have a $10 alarm clock that I only use to look at the time. I use my cell phone's alarm for my alarm clock.
3. Should I get an iPhone when my contract expires on my current phone (in less than a week)?
I wouldn't because I'm at a computer all day. I'm not really into all those fancy gadgets either. But if you think it would make your life more enjoyable or add some convenience, then go for it.
4. What's your favorite cookie to bake, if you bake?
I haven't made cookies in forever. But I love no-bake cookies but I guess that probably doesn't count as baking.
5. What's the most annoying noise in the world to you?
Slurping, hands down.
6. Who was the first person to break your heart?
Oh, some asshat.
7. What time do you wake up in the morning usually?
6:20 a.m. and then snooze until around 6:35.
8. What time do you normally go to bed?
I go to bed around 9 p.m. and usually fall asleep around 10 p.m. Lame I know.
Then, I received this award from Erin at Every Branch. Thanks for the award!
So let's see.... 7 things about myself....
1. This semester is boring the crap out of me. I have a 98% in one class and a 96% in the other.
2. I'm not looking forward to Christmas this year. It's mostly the financial aspect of it that I hate. It's just a lot of money to spend on stuff that people don't really appreciate that much anyway.
3. In the last 12 years, every job I've had I've worked for at least 5 years or I'm still working at.
4. I like to look up the most random stuff online. Yesterday, I was looking at personalized ornaments for the pups.
5. Eyebrows are the first thing I notice on a person.
6. Sometimes I call Matt "shug" like Nancy Gribble says on King of the Hill. The pups are "lil shugs".
7. Last night I made stuffed green peppers for supper. They are Matt's favorite.
I'd like to pass this along to:
Ashely @ Life as Lucy
Sarah @ My life with out my soldier
The Young Army Wife @ The Young Army Wife's Life
Kayla @ Life Captured
The following are facebook status's I've been collecting for your viewing pleasure. I rarely update my status on there because I don't want people to know my business and I don't want to sound like an idiot. The bold entries are the statuses I found. (Well some are bold. I don't have time to mess around with the formatting all day.) The rest is my commentary. If you all like this I might start doing it regularly. Enjoy!-- does not know how to make pancakes without an oven
That's odd because I don't know how to make pancakes in the oven.
Two whole days without my baby, this sucks
Cry me an f'ing river. 2 days? She's talking about her boyfriend here. This is also the same girl that posted a status once about not being able to breathe without him. That sounds unhealthy to me.
-- some peep just except any1 on here to b there friend. if i dont know ya, im not exsepting a freind request from u!Some people can't spell worth a crap either.
-- probably should have used deoderant today. In other news, he probably should have remembered to wear underwear as well. In addition, pants wouldn't have been a bad idea
This one made me laugh.
-- Ok ok my new favorite activity is goin 2 walmart dressed as a lion and hiding n a cupboard and jumpin out when people walk by yelln welcome to narnia
That's just odd.
-- is sleeping until 10 am. please don't try to contact me before then =]To me, this sounds like she's getting woke up before 10 for sure. Ever heard of turning your phone off or turn it to alarm only.
-- got to work only to discover chicken that had been sitting out all night under the pizza prep table wtf
I wish I knew where she worked so I could never go there again.
-- That's my boys!! 89 yd punt return by Hester!!!
-- Damn...a tough loss at home 23-20... We'll get em next time boys!!Don't care.
-- Well the cowboys failed to win again ... I'm starting to feel like a cubs fan! :-(That sounds pretty bad but I still don't care about fooseball.
is sick of hearing about Brett Favre... who cares anyway?Exactly
This is all in the same week......
IT'S HUSBANDS WEEK ~If you have a husband who is your best friend, who works
hard to provide for your family, who has been there through thick & thin, who has been a blessing in your life and to whom you are PROUD to be married to, copy & paste this in your status with your wedding date.......
-- A Son will hold your hand for only a little while, but will hold your-- This is I LOVE MY SISTER week. If you have a sister who has made you laugh, wiped your tears, hugged you tight, watched you succeed, saw you fail, cheered you on and kept you strong, copy and paste this into your status. Sisters are a promise that we will have a friend forever!
heart for a lifetime. It's "SON WEEK"--If you have a son or sons who
makes your life worth living and you are proud of him copy and paste
this to your status. ♥
-- BROTHER'SWEEK...if-- Today is National Vayda Monkey Day. If you have a Vayda Monkey, or know someone who does, copy and repost this.
you have a brother who has made you laugh, punched you, stuckup for
you, drove you crazy, hugged you, watched you succeed, saw youfail,
picked you back up, cheered you on, made you strong. Someone you can't
So it can be husband, brother, sister, son's week all in the same week? I do kind of like the Vayda Monkey one.
Hope you are all having a great week!