5/28/2010

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

We are leaving after work to go camping for the weekend. We are going with my parents and my brother and his girlfriend. The weather is supposed to be beautiful so it should be a great weekend. We are actually going to a friend of my parent's place. They have a couple of camper hookups and it's only a couple miles for where we work. We'll probably try to sneak home tomorrow afternoon and take a dip in the pool.

Monday I'm working for a bit at my second gig. I might as well tell ya where it is. It's at the VFW; I'm a bartender there. They are opening early on Monday after the Memorial Day parade. So I'm working from Noon to 4. For the most part, I love working there. And the customers know I'm a military wife so they treat me good. I can't think of a better place to be on Memorial Day, for awhile.

Hopefully we can all remember the real reason for Memorial Day. So while we are enjoying the three day weekend, please try to remember those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.
RIP Ricky Bobby. He was a friend of Matt's and his unit. He was KIA in August of 2007, while he and Matt were in Iraq. We miss you and think of you often.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Have a great weekend!!! :)

Los said...

Amen.

Have a great weekend.

Random Musings said...

Have a great weekend.. I will be going to the cemetery to lay flowers on military graves with no flowers.. Its my thing and its a thank you for what our service men and women do for this country

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Have a good Memorial Day weekend!