Yesterday after Matt and I got off work we went to get our taxes done. We bought a home in 2009. (Fat Deduction) We paid for all my school cash. (Deduction) We are getting a hefty return this year. It has to be mailed off because of the house purchase so, we will get the money in about two months.
Here's what we are going to do with the money:
1. Build Matt a man garage. It's going to be a 24' x 24' garage with one over sized overhead garage door. Matt needs a place to go outside to play and keep his toys and his truck. Our house has a one car garage right now. And a pile of crap shed behind the house. The pile of crap is getting torn down, destroyed, burned, hauled off. I really don't care what happens to it but it is going. We are building the garage were the pile of crap is now. Matt believes that himself, some of his buddies, and some relatives can build the garage so, we should just have to have concrete poured.
2. Going to buy a new refrigerator for the house and move the one from the house to the new man garage. We both want a stainless steel one. Does anyone have one with the freezer drawer at the bottom? What do you think about that? I was thinking I might like that. It's gotta have an ice and water dispenser. That's a must.
3. We are going to have to get some rocks to go from the road to the new man garage. We already got the city to put in a culvert this past fall. (We told them we needed it to move the piece of crap shed out and that we wanted to do that ASAP. But we really needed it so that my mom and dad could park their camper in the back yard during our house warming party weekend.)
4. I want some bushes for the landscaping.
5. We need to make the fenced in area of our yard bigger. Once the man garage is build, we can put the fence from the house to the man garage and then out and then back to the house or something. Right now Ozzy only has about a 10' x 20' area to do his business in. Poor little fella.
We aren't going to blow the money or be flat broke one everything is done. And plus we will be building some equity in our home. Also, I will have somewhere to send Matt if he is driving me nuts. It's a win-win situation.