12/22/2008

Home for the Holidays

Matt is home!!!

I had booked him a flight for Sunday leaving at 1:30 west coast time with an hour layover in Chicago and arriving in StL at 9:30 p.m. Matt decided to go to the airport on Saturday morning because he says he wanted to be with me as soon as possible. (I believe it was because he was most likely horny and impatient.)

His tickets were through United Airlines and I have only flown United once. Matt has never. Well United won't let you fly standby until the day of your flight. He got set up with a standby flight at 6 a.m. on Sunday. So he slept at the airport.

When he woke up it had snowed 5 inches. Needless to say, his 6 am flight got canceled. By this time, Mr. Ruholl was not a happy camper. So he was left with his original flight. Well 1:30 got pushed back to 2:30 and 2:30 got pushed back to 3:15. This meant he would miss his connecting flight in Chicago to StL.

So to save Mr. Ruholl any more grief from sitting in airport and fighting through the crowds, I left here last night around 5 and drove to Chicago to pick him up. It took just as long for me to drive there as it did for him to fly there.

I found my husband at the airport and the feeling I get when seeing him for the first time in weeks or months never changes. It's hard to explain. We waited in line for about 30 minutes to find out about getting his bag. Too late for that, it was on its way to StL.

So tonight we are driving to StL to get his bag. But I could really care less, I have my husband home and that's all that matters. It's beginning to feel like Christmas now.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I hope you and Matt enjoy your first Christmas as a happily married couple! :-) Tell your parents Merry Christmas for me.