1/20/2011

You know your lame when....

Right now school is the most exciting part of my life so I thought I'd share some school stuff with you. School started last week. This semester I am taking Advanced Formatting, Business Law, and Managerial Accounting.

Managerial Accounting is online. The first week there was no review. I think I can pull off an A in this class. I am an accounting major so I better be able to.

Business Law is going to be the toughest one for me. I am supposed to have that class tonight but it snowed last night and it is still snowing. I'm praying for a snow day. I had to read 2 chapters for tonight. It was the most boring shit I've ever read. For real. I'd really like to get an A just to maintain my 4.0 but it seems rough. The only grades are tests.

Advanced Formatting is a joke. There are two girls that just got out of high school, two girls around my age, and the other 10 or so are all over 50. 30% of the grade is based on timed writings. 56 words per minute with 6 or fewer errors will get me an A+. I have to have 3 good ones all semester. So last night, we had two chances to get a good one. The first one I did, I took my time. I typed 66 wpm with zero errors. Since I already knew I had a good one, on the second one, I went balls to the wall. I was typing like a freaking maniac, dust was flying out of the keyboard, and people were looking at me like I was a mad woman. Please take a moment to visualize. I typed 77 wpm with 1 error. Yeah, I'm a badass like that.

The rest of the class is basically about formatting business letters and whatnot. If you have one error on the homework its a 75%, two errors 50%, 3 errors is 25 %, and 4 or more and you are fu screwed. I got 100% on both of the assignments I turned in last week.

The online "blackboard" for my school was down for 3 days. But luckily, I had printed a bunch of stuff off so I didn't get behind.

After this semester, I will officially be a college sophomore. And just think, it only took me 12 years!

Happy Thursday!

12 comments:

CeCe said...

I love typing!! I get excited when I get to 60. I took it in high school so yeah, I'm old.

shortmama said...

School is the most exciting part of my life right now too...except its homeschool

Los said...

Typing was one of my favorite high school classes.

Macey said...

The thought of school makes my head hurt.

Unknown said...

Better late than never.
And as for Business law, ugh, I feel your pain. That is some dull reading. Good luck with it, but it sounds like you've got the rest of your classes covered :)

Michelle said...

Happy Thursday, too! I type like a maniac, too. It's drives me up the wall when OccDoc hunts and pecks.

Impulsive Addict said...

Oh man. I couldn't go back to college again if they paid ME. Nope. No way. It took me 5.5 years to graduate. I had way too much fun! I think this is where my love for all things alcohol happened...

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Good luck with this semester of school!!

ines said...

thanks for your comment!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Good luck with school!

I have no idea how fast I type.

Beka said...

dang!!! you go girl!!! :) that's awesome! Whoohoo for almost being a sophomore! I been out of high school for 10 years and I'm just about to start! haha :)

Chas said...

I miss school. I want to go back when I get the money situated. I have my under grad degree and I must say I hated accounting. More power to you. If I ever have to take that again I am messaging you. lol.