9/24/2010

TGIF!

Today I'm having a hard time focusing. Two of the pups are at the vet. Vinnie is getting his testicles removed neutered today and Princess is getting spade and her teeth cleaned. I can pick Princess up tonight but Vinnie has to stay the night. I'm 95% positive that they will both be fine but I still worry about them.

One good thing about this is that we have minimal plans this weekend. The pups will need to be supervised this weekend. Which works out good for me. Matt has a few things to do tomorrow morning and I have to work Sunday morning but besides that my ass I will be doing homework, cleaning house, or lounging on the couch.

I realized last weekend that I haven't had a weekend off since school started. I didn't realize this until I let myself get stressed and worked up. I called my boss at my bar tending job and told her I needed to cut back on working there.

When I first started there, the plan was to work 2 or 3 days a month. I loved it and I loved the customers. This month I was scheduled 7 shifts. That's too many. By Sunday evening, I hated everyone there. I told them to schedule me no more than 4 days a month and that I need at least one, two preferably, weekends off a month.

Anyways, back to the pups. Princess is adjusting well. At first she preferred to be alone. She hung out in the laundry room or garage a lot. She wouldn't sit on the couch or get on the bed. She was scared of the boys.

I bought her some flannel blankets and she will sit on the couch on one. She's been sleeping in bed with us. Sometimes not all night, but at least for awhile. I don't care if she sleeps in bed or not but at least she knows she is welcome. I bought her a new pretty pink bed for the kitchen while we are gone during the day. I wouldn't go as far to say she likes the boys, but she tolerates them. They are a lot to take in.


She's met my parents, brother, and sister. And she's fine with them. She especially like my sister. And she's happy to see us when we come home. She's still skidish and doesn't like loud noises but overall she's adjusting nicely. I can tell she really likes Matt and I.

Princess and my Reester

Hope you all have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, cute dogs! My two chihuahuas have 3 beds in the kitchen where they spend most of their time. They usually pick one bed and sleep together, but sometimes they get into fights and they each go to their own bed. Good luck with the spay and neuter - poor little guys. I was so worried about my pups when they had their operations. Give them some extra treats and pets for me!

Mrs. F said...

I'm so glad Princess is adjusting well. Poor little thing! And thanks for the giggle with "testicles," that is one of my favorite words! :-)

CeCe said...

Glad your new baby is doing well. Enjoy your weekend!

Macey said...

Wonder why Vinnie has to stay the night...?
Seems like spaying would be more "traumatic" ya know?

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Awww! Princess looks so happy now!

Random Musings said...

She really looks like a different dog in another month you will never even know she was so badly cared for...

Its 4 years since we rescued Daisy and shes so bold and bossy you would have never known someone had broken her 2 legs and 2 ribs!

Nicole said...

she looks like she's happier! poor pup. how can anyone be so cruel to kick and smack puppies. it makes me cry. i am so glad she's coming around. im sure she'll figure out very soon (if she hasnt already) that you are a much different person than her previous owner.

shortmama said...

Hope the "fixing" went well1 Glad the girly is adjusting!

AiringMyLaundry said...

That last picture is too cute!

Heff said...

I had a better weekend than VINNIE, that's for damn sure, lol !!

Unknown said...

aw, so glad she is getting used to her new life in a GOOD home!!