7/06/2010

Long weekend together

This weekend the hubby and I had a four day weekend. It was also the first weekend that we didn't have any real plans since before summer started. Sometimes those are the best, in my opinion.

Friday night I worked at the VFW. Matt came in and helped fry fish for the fish fry. He enjoyed it. He enjoys hanging out with all the old vets that also help with the dinners. There is one old guy in particular that we both really like. His name is Clem. He's a sweet old guy, but bless his heart, he can't remember shit. He's the first to admit it though. Matt and I always tell him its okay and that his mind is probably in better shape than either of ours. He and Matt always have a beer together after the meetings or the dinners.

After I got off work Friday night, a couple that is friends of ours came over and had a few beers on the deck with us. Nothing crazy though.

Saturday morning Dish Network came and set us up. We had Direct TV for the last year. But long story short, they pissed me off about two hours into us having their service. We have been planning on switching since then and finally decided to do it.

I also did some homework Saturday and then Matt and I went shopping. We got him some shorts and what not. You know how when you were little and tried on new clothes your mom wiggled your pants around and made you turn around and stuff? No? Surely that wasn't just me. Well anyways I do that to Matt. He thinks I'm nuts.

Then, Saturday night we just stayed home and chilled with the pups. I made some dinner.

Sunday morning, well at noon, I worked at the VFW. It was a pretty slow day there. After work, the same couple that was over Friday night came over and we grilled out, played cards, and drank on the deck until the wee hours of the morning. This couple knows one of the city cops that was on duty and he came over and provided some entertainment for us. Not like in a stripper kind of way but more like in a Barney Fife kind of way.

Yesterday, I actually didn't feel too bad and managed to get some homework done and lay out in the pool for a couple hours. I'm starting to get a decent tan this year.

Today it's back to work for the hubby and I. While sitting here this morning, I realized that Matt and I have finally been able to celebrate every birthday, holiday, and anniversary together at least once, after 4 years of being together.

Happy Monday Tuesday! Hope you all had a great weekend!

9 comments:

CeCe said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend. Sometimes no plans is really the best!!

Anonymous said...

I love weekends where there are no plans. Those are probably the best ones! =)

Los said...

I had a 4-day weekend too ... today was my last day off ... back to reality ... sigh.

shortmama said...

I love those have no real plans kind of weekends!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Glad you had a great weekend of being together!

Katie said...

When Josh needs clothes I always make him try them on and he hates it, but I want to be sure they fit!! haha

Unknown said...

You're right, those are the best kinds of weekends!

ines said...

I just wanted to reply to the comment that you left, and don't worry you weren't mean nor insulting.
I completelyy understand the concept of having the experience for the job your applying and then being chosen because of that experience.I do have the experience, I wouldn't whine and complain if I didn't have the experience nor the education.

Star Spangled said...

Thank you for the nice comment. :)

I'm grabbing your button!