4/06/2010

Write On! 2nd edition




I'm linking up with Tattoos and Teething Rings today for the Write On assignment. The prompts were as follows:

1) Write about a memory involving food. It can be a happy memory that brings you back to your childhood, or something really embarrassing that you'd rather forget. My vote is embarrassing, but that's just how I roll.

2) Write about your worst personality trait or bad habit. Be honest; none of this "My worst habit is that I'm so kind to everyone...blah blah blah." Time to fess up! (And, since you are aware of this bad habit or trait, is there a reason you haven't changed?)

I'm choosing to write about the 2nd prompt. What is my worst personality trait or bad habit?


Just one huh? One personality trait of mine that ranks as one of the worst is that I'm a worrier. Not a warrior either, a worrier.

I worry constantly.
I worry about assignments I have coming up in school.
I worry about what classes to take next semester.
I worried every day Matt was in Iraq.
I worry about when I'm going to have time to clean the kitchen floors.
I worry about what I'm going to wear tomorrow.
I worry about loosing weight this week.
I worry about running out of money.
I worry about what people think of me.
I worry about things that have happened in the past.
I worry about what the future.
I worry about a big dog attacking Ozzy when we go for walks.
I worry about Matt when he goes to drill.
I worry about having time to do everything I want to do.
I worry about pretty much everything.

I'm not perfect.

9 comments:

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

This is a good one! I tend to be a natural worrier, too, but I've learned to let go a lot. My mom is the exact opposite; she used to tell me that it was a sin to worry. A sin?! Yikes.

Good luck working through it and thank you for playing along!

Los said...

It's OK to worry about some of these things ... it's all about not letting these things consume you.

Heather said...

I'm not much of a worrier, but I used to be!! I realized that worrying did not benefit me at all. You are not alone on this one! No one is perfect!

Great post! Found you on the links at T&TR. New follower. ;)

http://www.gerberdaysblog.com

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart. I feel for you because I used to be a chronic worrier. I've learned to let go of things I can't control and it has been the most freeing experience of my life. I have found an inner peace I never thought possible. I wish that for you.

shortmama said...

My worrying goes in phases, sometimes I cant sleep from worrying so much

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm a worry wort as well. I've always got something I'm worrying about.

Desert Rose said...

Dang it! I forgot about this prompt from tats. Erm, I think mine would have been how much I forget things! Maybe if you had my problem, then you wouldn't worry as much! lol

Tina said...

Um, doesn't everyone worry? Egads, now I'm going to have to add this to this to the list of bad habits I avoided writing about by writing about my dear grandma instead. Nice to meet you, and you have my utmost admiration and thanks for being a military family. I'm your new follower.

Cole Franke said...

great post idea. I'm a worrier too you aren't along. cute blog!

nicole visiting from
http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/