5/11/2012

Maternity Pictures

I promised you all maternity pictures. Well, better late than never, right?  

I think I gained around 37 pounds when I was pregnant.  Originally, I planned on gaining 80.  About 25 pounds into it, I decided that was the shittest idea ever.  Plus, the gestational diabetes put a damper on my sweet tooth.

I'm going to tell you all a little secret.  My driver's license isn't correct.  I do not, nor have I, weighed 125 pounds for 7 or 8 years.  Matt did not know that until I got pregnant.  If the topic came up, I'd tell him, "My license says I weigh 125."  He would dropped it.

And I'm okay with not weighing 125.  





Today, I tried on a pair of pre-pregnancy "fat" jeans.  They fit.  They buttoned.  I took them off right away because of my incision ouwwweee.  And my wedding rings fit again!

I am somewhat thankful for having gestational diabetes.  It was an eye opener. And Aubri is fine.  They checked her blood sugar at the hospital 5 times. Every time it was right where it was supposed to be.

This losing weight thing might not be so hard.  I barely have time to eat.  I'm not complaining though.  I'm a stay-busy kinda gal.

Well, tomorrow we have a big day.  I told Matt to take Vinnie camping tomorrow.  (They both deserve it.) Aubri and I are going to visit tomorrow afternoon for awhile. (They are basically camping in my parent's friend's yard and there is a big shed.  It's hardly roughing it.)  We haven't left the house in almost 2 weeks.  I made a list of stuff she'll need.  I might need two diaper bags.  How can one little baby need so many things for a 4-6 hour trip?

Hope you all have a great weekend!  And a Very Happy Mother's Day to all Moms!

5 comments:

Alyssa said...

Beautiful pictures! :)
Happy Mothers Day!

Macey said...

"I decided that was the shittiest idea ever."
HAHAHAHA. You rock. More baby pictures!!!

Megan said...

Great photos!! I hope you ave an amazing first Mother's Day!!

Furry Bottoms said...

Thats right, this would have been your first human mother's day!! I hope you had a great one...

Psst, my license lies about my weight too.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Happy First Mother's Day to you!! Those photos are cute!