10/11/2010

Concerts, hangovers, and fooseball

This weekend there was a concert at the fairgrounds that is very close to our house. Friday night there was a tractor pull. Matt and one of his buddies went to that. I stayed home with the pups and did some homework. I'm not really a tractor pull kind of gal. They are loud as hell and there are too many rednecks at them for my taste.

Saturday morning I woke up early and made some beer cheese soup. (and meatballs) Lucky for you a took pictures as I was making it and will do a recipe post on that later this week. Then I made Matt and his friend breakfast and also snuck in a nap.

Matt had brought our camper to the fairgrounds Thursday evening so that we could stay there Saturday night. When it comes to going somewhere, Matt always likes to be the first to get there or at least be half an hour early. The concert was supposed to start at 5. We got to the camper around 3.

We set up the awning and the table outside and got crockpots all set up. And then started drinking beer. The concert was pretty good. The first guy was the best. I'd never heard of him before but his name is Logan Mize. Kinda country. Kinda rock.

Gretchen Wilson was the last person to perform. Didn't like her before. Still don't like her. (We got our tickets for free or else I'm not so sure that I would have went to the concert. I might have stayed at the camper.) Basically, we drank a lot of beer and had a good time. And I got to see a lot of friends that I hadn't seen in awhile.

Yesterday, we didn't feel so well and mostly just laid around and ate greasy food.

Something else I need to bitch complain about, football. It's barely even started and already pissing me off. First of all, here in Illinois, most people are Bears fans. The Bears have sucked, I believe (hell I really don't know) as long as the Cubs have. This year apparently, they don't suck as much. Now, everyone and their brother is a Bears fan. Facbeook status all the time about Bears this and Bears that. Who cares?

Also, on Sunday nights on CBS I like to watch the Amazing Race and Undercover Boss. Because the fooseball games are never over on time, my shows never start on time. Hello CBS, can't you just move these shows to a night were fooseball isn't on. Like Tuesdays or something. The fooseball game was on at least an hour late last night. That means I didn't get done watching my shows until 10 p.m. I like to go to bed early on Sundays.

Happy Monday!

10 comments:

CeCe said...

I love undercover boss! I always cry. Last night was no exception.

CeCe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Ha ha! I was just noticing the same thing about the Bears on FB since most of my friends are in the Chicago area. Just so you know I don't post any status updates about any sports-related things.

It's Something Beautiful said...

I have never been a big fan of Gretchen Wilson either. I'll have to youtube this Logan Mize guy though!

Hope you have a great day :)

Macey said...

Hahaha! I love that you hate football. I do too. :) And I can't wait for the recipe!

Los said...

Football has overtaken baseball as America's sport. The Bears have a nice young team ... they're about 2 years away from makin' some noise.

Brittney said...

Haha! At least the concert was free...thats always a plus! And I know what you mean about the bears...my friend back in cali loves them and has been posting stuff on fb practically everyday about how good their doing, lol. It gets so annoying! But then again I've never cared too much for football anyways...thank god my hubby doesn't watch it! lol

Unknown said...

I don't like Gretchen Wilson either!!!

shortmama said...

Football makes me clean...I mean I dont mind it but I cant sit still that long to watch it.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm not a big fan of Gretchen either but that's great that you had a good time together!