3/08/2010

Nut Donut Dreams

I usually don't remember my dreams. Sometimes I will say something in my dream but also say something out loud and wake Matt up.

Sometime in the middle of the night I was having a dream. I was at the doughnut shop. I wanted a doughnut with nuts only. No cream filling. No jelly filling. To be more specific, I believe I wanted a cake doughnut with nuts.

Outside of my dreams, doughnuts with nuts on the top are the only ones I really like. Once in a while a doughnut with sprinkles is good. I'm not really a fan of sweets and to be honest if I eat a doughnut early in the morning, I will have a belly ache. I would say I maybe eat 3 doughnuts a year.

Anyways, I was at the doughnut shop demanding a doughnut with nuts only. They didn't have one with only nuts. The had one with nuts that had jelly in it but I don't like the jelly filled doughnuts. So I said I'll just have a coffee with two cremes and two Equals and a small Dr. Pepper.

I must have been at the drive through because my car wouldn't start. So the doughnut shop employee brings me my coffee, my Dr. Pepper, and a new key to my car. They she says I owe her somewhere along the lines of $70 to $80. I said for what? She said for making the key. (Apparently they make keys at the doughnut shop.) I insisted that I never asked her to make me a key. This must but where I woke Matt up. I think I said out loud, "You gotta be f-ing kidding me."

Matt woke me up and asked me what the hell was going on and I told him what happened. I was laughing hysterically. I'm not normally very happy when I wake up in the middle of the night but this was different. I felt like such an idiot and all I could do was laugh about it.

Then this morning, the first thing I though of when I woke up was getting a nut doughnut on the way to work. Matt told me to buy a dozen of them so I would sleep better tonight.

To be honest, I'm not even sure the doughnut shop is still open or if it even has a drive through. I had all intentions of getting a doughnut on my way to work but then I remembered that they give me a belly ache.

Maybe tomorrow.....

13 comments:

Bridget said...

seriously funny!

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

Hahaha, that is a funny dream!

Christina said...

Good stuff! Donuts are yummy! I had one this morning from IGA's gas station. :-)

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Haha! Good luck on getting that doughnut!

Jessie said...

ahaha! I think you just made my day! :) I love crazy dreams like that!

Nuke Girl said...

Omg Steph, that is hilarious!! The strange dreams that make no sense are always the best ones! :)

Katie said...

hahaha I love that you dreamt about donuts!!

MrsB said...

dreams are so bizarre.

(army)Wife said...

Hahahaha! Donuts are my downfall. I could eat a dozen of them, they are so delicious!

Los said...

Hmmph, a donut shop that makes keys ... isn't it funny how we don't even bat an eye in our dreams when we are presented with a scenario like this? Weird.

Desert Rose said...

Nice nutty dream! Oh you poor thing....I can't imagine getting belly aches from doughnuts!

Random Musings Of My Life said...

Ok too funny!

Dawn said...

I love donuts and I LOVE the dream. try a chocolate muffin if the donuts dont' work out. Joe's has the best but IGA's are pretty good.