3/08/2010

Nut Donut Dreams

I usually don't remember my dreams. Sometimes I will say something in my dream but also say something out loud and wake Matt up.

Sometime in the middle of the night I was having a dream. I was at the doughnut shop. I wanted a doughnut with nuts only. No cream filling. No jelly filling. To be more specific, I believe I wanted a cake doughnut with nuts.

Outside of my dreams, doughnuts with nuts on the top are the only ones I really like. Once in a while a doughnut with sprinkles is good. I'm not really a fan of sweets and to be honest if I eat a doughnut early in the morning, I will have a belly ache. I would say I maybe eat 3 doughnuts a year.

Anyways, I was at the doughnut shop demanding a doughnut with nuts only. They didn't have one with only nuts. The had one with nuts that had jelly in it but I don't like the jelly filled doughnuts. So I said I'll just have a coffee with two cremes and two Equals and a small Dr. Pepper.

I must have been at the drive through because my car wouldn't start. So the doughnut shop employee brings me my coffee, my Dr. Pepper, and a new key to my car. They she says I owe her somewhere along the lines of $70 to $80. I said for what? She said for making the key. (Apparently they make keys at the doughnut shop.) I insisted that I never asked her to make me a key. This must but where I woke Matt up. I think I said out loud, "You gotta be f-ing kidding me."

Matt woke me up and asked me what the hell was going on and I told him what happened. I was laughing hysterically. I'm not normally very happy when I wake up in the middle of the night but this was different. I felt like such an idiot and all I could do was laugh about it.

Then this morning, the first thing I though of when I woke up was getting a nut doughnut on the way to work. Matt told me to buy a dozen of them so I would sleep better tonight.

To be honest, I'm not even sure the doughnut shop is still open or if it even has a drive through. I had all intentions of getting a doughnut on my way to work but then I remembered that they give me a belly ache.

Maybe tomorrow.....

13 comments:

Bridget said...

seriously funny!

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

Hahaha, that is a funny dream!

Christina said...

Good stuff! Donuts are yummy! I had one this morning from IGA's gas station. :-)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha! Good luck on getting that doughnut!

Jessie said...

ahaha! I think you just made my day! :) I love crazy dreams like that!

Nuke Girl said...

Omg Steph, that is hilarious!! The strange dreams that make no sense are always the best ones! :)

Katie said...

hahaha I love that you dreamt about donuts!!

Nicole said...

dreams are so bizarre.

Mrs. Mootz said...

Hahahaha! Donuts are my downfall. I could eat a dozen of them, they are so delicious!

Los said...

Hmmph, a donut shop that makes keys ... isn't it funny how we don't even bat an eye in our dreams when we are presented with a scenario like this? Weird.

Desert Rose said...

Nice nutty dream! Oh you poor thing....I can't imagine getting belly aches from doughnuts!

Random Musings said...

Ok too funny!

Dawn said...

I love donuts and I LOVE the dream. try a chocolate muffin if the donuts dont' work out. Joe's has the best but IGA's are pretty good.